Hi, welcome to my blog. Leave a comment and let me know what you think about my posts.
Ciao!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Menudo at pan de sal




I have this photo of menudo at pan de sal sitting in my hard drive. I was only reminded of it when we had dinner at a friend's house. He cooked (yes that's right a HE that cooks!) a 'kickshin' menudo, I try not to use dirty words on my blog because it doesn't go well with food but you know what I mean right? He cooked and the wife just stayed pretty. How wonderful! I might just send the ironman to a few cooking lessons. No, thats too advanced. Maybe to a 'how to survive and not get lost in the kitchen' lesson or 'how to recognize pork from beef' lesson. Ok enough, I'm being mean. Seriously whatever skills he lack in the kitchen he makes up in other parts of the house....boy did that sound dirty. He always keeps the house spotlessly clean and is very masinop which sometimes drives me crazy because I'm the quintessential burara. It's bad enough that I don't put away my things, I always forget where I last put them and I would ask him if he saw this and that. He's like a rubberband, everything goes back in it's place.... shoes, headband, hairbrush, keys, make up. Come to think of it we compliment each other. I'm the manga to his bagoong and he is the pan de sal to my menudo. Galing ng bridging!
Just follow the link if you want to make your own pan de sal or you can just buy dinner rolls.
menudo at pan de sal
500g pork shoulder, cubed
200g pork liver, cubed
1 large carrot cubed
1 large potato, cubed
1 medium capsicum, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 c tomato paste
1/2 tsp of fennel seed
1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
1tsp dried basil
triple the amount if using fresh herbs
1 tsp paprika
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
Heat olive oil in a pan. Brown the pork then add the liver. Add the tomato paste after the water evaporates. Add the herbs, paprika, bay leaf and 1.5 to 2 c of water. Add the potatoes when it starts to boil followed by the carrots. Simmer until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Lastly, add the frozen peas. Bring back to boil then remove from heat.

No comments: