Hi, welcome to my blog. Leave a comment and let me know what you think about my posts.
Ciao!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Igado

It's been days of nonstop rain and the cold weather have actually settled in. The other day, our friends dropped by to share some homemade suman sa lihiya. I made him promise to share the recipe that actually was from his mother. I myself made guinataang halo-halo. There's something about the cold weather that makes you long for the native kakanin. For last night I cooked igado, an ilocano dish that I relly love. I used ground pork and marinaded it in garlic and red wine vinegar which is very similar to sukang iloko.
Igado
500g minced pork
200g pork liver (sliced into strips)
100g pork heart, diced
100g pork kidney, diced
1 bell pepper
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
pinch of fennel seed
annato powder
salt and pepper
cooking oil
Mix pork mince, heart and kidney, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and annato powder and marinade for 1 hour. Saute onion in cooking oil in medium heat until soft and transluscent. Turn up the heat and add the liver and stir fry for 2 mins. Add the pork mixture and bay leaf and cook for another 5 minutes. When the mixture is almost dry, add the bell pepper strips and stir until the mixture is frying in oil then turn off heat.

No comments: