Hi, welcome to my blog. Leave a comment and let me know what you think about my posts.
Ciao!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bacon and spinach frittata


My husband and son always take their lunch to work and school. This is a great way to save and keep my family eating healthy.
I made this fritata on my son's first day in school. I put two slices in his lunch box plus carrot sticks and he finished all of it. It's an ideal 'baon' because its a complete meal in itself. It has potatoes, bacon, spinach and eggs. I also grated lots of cheese on top and finished it off in the grill to obtain that nice pizza like appearance that is very appealing to kids. The other good thing about this is you can add other meat, seafood or veggies like grated zucchini or carrots, peas, capsicum, corn, prawns or your leftover 'giniling'. This dish is so easy to make that you can prepare it in the morning or as a last minute lunch. A salad of mix greens will complete this dish.

bacon and spinach frittata

  • 500 gms potatoes diced
  • 3 rashers bacon chopped
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 5 large eggs
  • 2 tbsp chopped parsley
  • 1/2 c grated cheese
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • salt and pepper
Heat about 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a nonstick frying pan. Brown the bacon and add the onion and cook until transluscent. Add the potatoes and cook until soft but not mushy.
While the potatoes are cooking, beat the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the spinach in the pan and mix. Pour the egg mixture in the pan of potatoes and shake to make sure the egg coats everything. Sprinkle the cheese and dried oregano. Place the frittata under a hot grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown.


No comments: